What are the signs and symptoms of breast cancer?
Find out about the signs and symptoms of breast cancer and the importance of being breast aware, using our simple Touch, Look, Check technique.
It's as simple as TLC
- TOUCH your breasts. Can you feel anything unusual?
- LOOK for changes. Is there any change in shape or texture?
- CHECK anything unusual with your doctor.
Changes to check for
- Can you feel a lump? Either in the breast, upper chest or armpits.
- Is there a lumpy area? Or unusual thickening of the breast tissue that doesn't go away?
- Is there any unusual pain? Either in part of the breast or the armpit.
- Any change in size or shape? For example, one breast might become larger or lower than the other.
- Any change in skin texture? Such as puckering or dimpling of the skin of the breast.
- Any change in colour? For example the breast may look red or inflamed.
- What about the appearance or direction of the nipple? For example, one might become inverted (turned in) when it normally points out.
- Any unusual discharge? One or both nipples might have a discharge.
- Any rash or crusting? Of the nipple or surrounding area.
- Is anything unusual? If so, get it checked out by your doctor as soon as possible.
Information courtesy of Breast Cancer Now - For more information please visit their website.